Friday, August 14, 2009

TARGET I.A.S

August 13 , 2009.......

The day which ensured India a gold medal in 2012 Olympics..... The most unrecognised Indian lady M.C.Marykom would be jumping out of joy.... The 4-time women boxing world champion have to wait just three more years to bag an Olympic gold.... Her long wait has nearly come to an end,with the governing body of Olympic games finally agreeing to include women's boxing in Olympic games....

But the second happiest Indian on that day was this writer.....

My parents finally said a firm"yes" to my I.A.S dreams.....
The thought of taking up the u.p.s.c. exam flashed in my mind, in 2006 when I went to the colector's bungalow to receive a prize for some low-affair quiz competition.... His room,his power, his bungalow,his driver, the people waiting to meet him, all made me to think something new..... Then came 26,january,2007.... I was waiting in the gallery of the gandhi stadium in salem to see my mother receive the award for "The best teacher" for that year.... suddenly a car came...Everybody in the gallery stood up.. All the top government officials were waiting for that car..... I thought "one day i should be there"...

Since then, I am dreaming of that car and of that bungalow... I sincerely believe that I can clear the upsc, which is termed by Wikipedia as "the toughest competitive exams in the world".... the acceptance rate for upsc is 0.01% which means i have to be 1 in 10000.... All these stats never threatened me , since i know wat i am capable of......

But,the huge reluctance displayed by my parents bothered me a lot.... I can't deny the facts told by them till now... I too consistently said " I need job satisfaction... I need to take part in my people's upliftment"... Finally they have given up.... yesterday I was happy to hear " Go ahead"...

The only hurdle now is my desire..... my mind wavered a lot when I saw two things....
1. when i saw the notice board of placement cell in my college...
2.when i came across the news "I.A.S officers transferred"..

But, the only answer to all these questions and doubts is " Why should i lead a normal life?"

So M.C.Marykom will be saying "Come on 2012"...
And i can scream confidently and happily " Come on 2015"..

1 comment:

  1. Really excellent da u've proposed my childhood dream too...let it not be "i can scream confidently and happily " Come on 2015".." let it be "WE can scream confidently and happily " Come on 2015".."

    ReplyDelete